13 Oct 2012

Teaching resources: How do we get them to listen?

How do we get them to listen?

I just started this year with my Spanish five year olds and I firmly believe that to help them learn English they need to laugh a lot, listen a lot, be curious and most of all be a little bit scared.

That might sound weird but according to leading experts fear, laughter and curiosity stimulate the brain and make it more receptive.

When I say fear I mean ..............what you talk about and the way you say it can keep kids listening.

The song “In a cottage in a wood” talks about the hunters and the danger for the rabbit.

Stop, listen and be quiet; a monster at the door is much more interesting than a dog for a small child.

Watch my video and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment