14 Mar 2013

Five year olds

I want to explain to you parents of my students in the five year old class what I've been doing so far.

All through the year with the five year olds the class has started with a carpet session of 35-45 minutes.During this session we've worked on songs, stories, phonics, rhymes, chants,routines like the weather and the date and counting the children in the class and to finsh a question and answer session for the person in charge that day.  "El encargado".The questions are the same ones these students will be given in year two when they have to do the Trinity exam.  It's things like what's your mums name? What's your favourite colour, animal, food or fruit?What are your hobbies?  Where do you live?We started off with  just with a couple of questions  each day and gradually increased.   Initially I asked them the questions myself to model the answers  but now the other children direct the questions and the "encargado" has to answer in a full sentence.  I'm going to give you an example of all the questions in a sound file just like Nicky ( My English workmate in year 6) has done for the older students in her blog  nicky-iloveenglish.blogspot.com


questions

Open the file with reproductor de windows media

You can then get the kids to listen pause the file when you want and hear them answer the questions.  I think you are going to be amazed.


No comments:

Post a Comment