17 Jun 2014

Student Feedback on the English classes

Yesterday I asked students to tell me about the activities that they thought had helped them most and what they most enjoyed and ofcourse what they didn't like over the last two years in English.  Here are some of their comments:

"I learned a lot with the blog and the online activities"

"I hated the spelling tests although I think my spelling has improved"."I loved writing the biography last year"."I loved the books we read in class"."I loved writing the newspaper for the webquest because we could work with our friends"."I loved the VIP last year (20 kids) and have kept my book."I really loved the experiments and would like to have done more""I loved the work on perspectives in art"."I loved the plays and dramatization the best"."I think that you should give prizes for excellent work.. " I recommend that you pay more attention to really good students because you seem to make more of a fuss of the weaker ones".(I think this is something I need to bare in mind next year).

"I liked preparing th KET/PET and think that my grammar has improved a lot"
"I loved the songs"
"Loved English because it was entertaining and enjoyable"
"I think we need to do homework but would prefer it from Monday to Thursday so the weekends I can relax.  (I'm going to try this next year).
"I hated doing book reviews"  (another thing I'm going to scrap next year

Thankyou so much for your comments it really helps me to improve as a teacher!!!!!
I will finish with this Irish Blessing to you all.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again, may God
Hold you in the hollow of his hand.

I you can imagine it, you can achieve it;
If you can dream it, you can become it.



No comments:

Post a Comment